Thursday, November 10, 2011

Seminars

Went to our local surgery seminar last night with my daughter.  I was very disappointed to see that they are really pushing the gastric bypass and discouraging the lap band even more than when I went to it before my surgery.  It was so negative I think that even I would have been tempted to get the bypass if I didn't know better.   I know the bypass brings in a lot more money to the hospital but really.  Anyway, had to get that thought out before it blew my brain up!

4 comments:

  1. When I went to the seminar they were very negative about the band. The following week there were about 10 of us who were meeting with several of the surgeons. Originally 8 of us wanted the band...by the end of the day it was just me and one other woman who had stuck to our decision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Grizzly! Thanks for your comment on my blog. So nice to know that others are feeling the same. Good luck on your journey too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ended up with the sleeve but my dr. is also a bypass pusher. :)

    ReplyDelete