Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Well, here is a warning for us all.  The last few months I have been using an exercise ball instead of a chair at my desk at work.  Without warning it burst last week, unceremoniously dumping me on the floor, ouch.  Having had a sore tailbone for the past 2 years, since I lost weight and a lot of padding on my bum, my tailbone bore the brunt of the landing and is quite painful.  Anyway, my advice, as tempting as it sounds to bounce to the music at work, don't use a ball for a chair!  New subject - I gave myself permission to enjoy copious dessert on Mother's day and as firm as I was that I would not feel guilty about it, I am starting to feel guilty.  Probably the bloat that I am experiencing as a result.  I have to remember my new mission in my process of weight loss is to eliminate the self hate, guilt cycle.  I feel once I get that under control things will go much smoothly.  The self hate talk is so much more powerful than the "hey, you've lost a ton of weight and kept it off" talk.  I'm working on it though and getting better all the time! 

1 comment:

  1. That does sound painful! Hope everything's feeling better by now.

    Self-hate over desserts is a waste of time, especially since you had them on Mother's Day! We deserve some goodies on that day.

    By the way, thanks for the comment on my blog earlier! Time to catch up on yours. :)

    ReplyDelete